New Brand Launch on Amazon
This manufacturer in the bedding category had a well-established and successful wholesale business.
But when it came time to launch a new consumer-focused brand, they didn't want to waste the momentum generated through their Kickstarter campaign.
Skipping the learning curve
The owners of the company recognized that they were too busy with the operational aspects of launching the brand, and couldn't realistically devote the time and effort required to get the best results out of selling on Amazon.
So they turned to Bobsled Marketing to ensure that the brand was expertly launched and optimized according to best practices.
Bobsled Marketing launched the assortment on Amazon in mid-October 2015. In addition to our usual product launch strategy, we developed & implemented a "Friends and Family" email campaign for the client's existing customer list, which drove a significant volume of traffic and sales to the brand on Amazon, quickly driving up the organic sales rank.
The launch was so successful that the client actually had issues with keeping their inventory in stock! Today, even with their most popular products being periodically out of stock, they are averaging sales of 30 units per day and have recently partnered with Bobsled Marketing to also launch an entirely new line of home products.
WANT TO SEE THESE KIND OF RESULTS IN YOUR BUSINESS?
CASE STUDY 2:
enhance marketing content
One of Bobsled Marketing’s clients, with a product in the highly-competitive Beauty category, agreed to share their success after working with us to implement their own Amazon Expansion Plan.
They are a husband and wife company who launched their product in 2015. They were working overtime to make the brand work, and found us when searching for details to compare the FBA and Vendor programs. They were interested in the enhanced marketing content (A+ pages) that the Vendor program offers, but needed some direction on the best way to approach their growth.
The company handles all their own manufacturing — purchasing the raw materials and making the product themselves — so their main challenges before they started with us included:
- Inventory planning: They were having a hard time keeping in stock due to high demand. In 2015, they sold out of all their Amazon stock on December 3rd — right before buying skyrockets on Amazon for Christmas — which was a huge lost sales opportunity.
- Wasted PPC spend: they were spending a lot, but not getting a worthwhile ROI and couldn’t work out how to correct it.
- Ongoing errors with listings in Canada: products were not listing correctly, and they didn’t have the time to properly troubleshoot it so their conversions were not as high as they should have been.
Since they started working with Bobsled Marketing…
- Their revenue increased by over 30%, climbing to $46,000 per month within three months of starting work.
- Their inventory projections and planning has become much more predictable, with their Q4 inventory for this year proactively handled to avoid lost sales and capitalize on the holiday season.
- They are on-schedule to launch a new product line, including launching into the UK and European markets.
- Their Canadian listings are fixed, and that marketplace is now generating consistent sales for the company.
- Our PPC system brought their ACoS down from 13.7% in the first month, to 10.8% by the third month. They have seen huge improvements in their PPC campaigns with the right system, and are now able to spend less to get a higher volume of customers.
- Their seller feedback score and sales metrics improved significantly, since we were able to handle customer care for them in a timely way, which they had never been able to deliver themselves.
- They were finally able to take some time off for a vacation for the first time since they launched on Amazon — and continued making money and progress while they rested.
WANT TO GET THESE KIND OF RESULTS FOR YOUR BRAND?
Case Study 3:
Optimize existing Amazon account
After having little success on Amazon through their own efforts, this client decided to outsource their Amazon channel development. Even with an established brand off Amazon, their products were barely registering any traffic and just weren't selling.
Once engaged, we added 28 new SKUs to the product selection on Amazon. Product uploads are a tedious yet important task: when done correctly, each item requires extensive keyword & competitor research, optimized product descriptions, and intelligent selection of product & lifestyle photos.
To kick-start organic sales, we ran a promotion on the listings to generate a large volume of sales and genuine customer reviews, shown on the chart as a large spike in both traffic and product sales. In the next 1-4 weeks, this promotion activity generated over 70 product reviews, which are crucial to building trust and generating more sales.
Through daily reviews of the account, performance tracking, paid ads, and inventory management, we've generated a snowball effect of reviews & sales on this client's products. Each week we see an overall improvement in overall unit sales, revenue, and traffic.
As we closed out the 3-month launch engagement, the client retained us to continue managing their Amazon sales channel. There are more opportunities for growth including adding complementary products to encourage cross-sell, and undertaking more experimental methods for increasing revenue and profitability on their account.